Friday, September 23

Arbor day

Last weekend I got to do some digging. Grandpa S started a tradition when my sister and I were born. He planted a tree for each of us in the yard at their house, out there in the Arizona desert is a palm tree that was planted for me. When the girls were born he wanted to carry on the tradition so he did some research this summer and found a variety that he thought would work well here in Ohio. He liked the Red Maple for their fall color and the shade that they will provide.

He wanted to help plant them but it didn't work out...



It took a few hours and I missed most of the Buckeye game that day but I finally got both the trees planted. They look great and should grow almost as fast as the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive